Preparation Time: 1 Hour
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dall – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Garlic – 7 to 8 cloves
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Prawn – ½ kg (cleaned)
- Chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- For the Thokku recipe, add salt and lemon juice to the cleaned prawns, mix well and marinated for 10 – 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a khadai (pan), add ginger-garlic paste and sauté the mix till the raw smell of the paste is gone. Add chopped red onions, curry leaves and green chili and cook until onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- At this stage, add the spice powders like the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder black pepper powder, salt and stir well to combine.
- Add marinated prawns and give it a good mix, ensure all the prawns are coated well with the masala.
- Add 1 tablespoon water, mix well and then cover and cook till prawns are fully cooked. If needed, add more water if the masala turns dry. The prawns release some water as well. Keep the heat to medium high.
- Once the prawns are cooked and the gravy has reached the desired semi gravy consistency turn of the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Watch the full video recipe here:
Click here to watch our exclusive videos and celebrity interviews at Ulagam's YouTube channel! Also, check out these discounted items at Astro Go Shop:
To Purchase, visit: Vidiem Mixer Grinder V Star Evo
To Purchase, visit: Jeel Kurti Swarna
To Purchase, visit: Vivo Y93 Smartphone
To Purchase, visit:
Jaya Mata Family Kitchen Knife Set
To Purchase, visit: Premier Hard Anodized 5.5L Pressure Cooker
Photo Credit: Relish the Bite