Can you smell what’s cooking? It’s our brand-new cooking show ‘Analparakuthu’ hosted by Rakesh with local celebrity guests! Watch the show every Sunday at 8pm only on Vaanavil HD CH201.
Also, keep your eyes glued to this page as we are eager to give away the tempting recipes from the show:
EP1: MUTTON CHUKKA
- Wash and clean 1 kg of mutton with bones thoroughly.
- Marinate it with 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tbsp pepper powder, ¼ lemon, and a pinch of salt.
- Next, refrigerate the mutton for 5 hours and cook it for 45 minutes until the meat becomes soft and tender.
- Separate the cooked mutton from the stock.
- Dry roast 2 pcs cinnamon, 2 pcs star anise, 6 pcs cloves, 10 dry chilies, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp fennel, and 1 tbsp coriander seeds over low heat until a nice aroma comes.
- Then add the mixture into a blender, add 1 small ginger, 3 cloves garlic, and mutton stock (as much as needed).
- Next, heat a pan and add ¼ cup of ghee and 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the oil heats, sauté 2 pcs bay leaves, 3 pcs cinnamon, 2 pcs star anise, 6 pcs cloves, 20 small onions, 2 tsp cumin, and 2 tbsp coriander powder.
- Add the cooked mutton, cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Next, add the blended mixture into the pan, add yogurt and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then pour the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk to taste and stir well.
- Lastly, off the heat and complement it with a handful of coriander leaves and curry leaves.
EP1: KADALAI MITTAI
- Grease the bottom and sides of the tray with ghee.
- Dry roast 1 cup of peanuts until golden brown, then keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add 1 cup of jaggery, water as needed, and salt to taste.
- Let it dissolve, add 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp green cardamom powder, and cook until the syrup thickens to the right consistency.
- Next, off the heat, add the peanuts and mix well.
- Lastly, add the delicious Kadalai Mittai into the greased tray, let it cool and cut it into desired shapes.
EP1: KARUVEPPILAI SORU
- Cook a plate of white rice.
- To prepare the Karuveppilai paste, boil 2 green chilies, 2 ginger (1 inch), and 1 cup of curry leaves
- Once done, blend the mixture into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- To prepare the masala powder, dry roast 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp urad dhal, 1 tbsp gram dhal, ¾ tbsp cumin, 4 round dried red chilies, and 1 cup of curry leaves.
- Then add the mixture into a dry blender and blend well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp mustard, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp gram dhal, ½ tbsp urad dhal, 1 tbsp groundnuts, 12 cashew nuts, 3 round dried red chilies, ½ tsp asafoetida, and stir well.
- Next add the karuveppilai paste, 1 plate of cooked rice, blended masala powder, and stir well.
- Lastly, add coconut oil to taste, a handful of coriander leaves, and mix thoroughly.
- The scrumptious karuveppillai soru is ready to be served.
EP 2: FISH VARUVAL
- Clean and slice the fish into pieces.
- Marinate the fish with 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ handful of curry leaves then squeeze half lemon and add salt; Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is heated fry the fish and turn it over to cook both sides.
- Fry the fish till it's cooked well and serve it hot!
EP 2: CARROT HALWA
- Grate 1kg of carrots.
- Melt 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add 10 cashew nuts, and 10 raisins; Stir till it turns into a golden colour.
- Next, add the grated carrots and sauté over medium heat till the carrot turns colour.
- Then, add a pinch of salt and 1 cup of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk.
- Continue stirring until most of the milk evaporates, and then add ¾ cup of sugar.
- Once the sugar melts, add 1 tbsp ghee and ¼ tsp cardamom powder; Stir well.
- Finally, garnish the delicious carrot halwa with almonds.
EP 2: KOLLU RASAM
- Add 2 small onions, 6 garlic cloves, 1 small ginger, 1 tbsp coriander seed, 1 tbsp peppercorn, 1 tbsp fennel, 1 tbsp cumin, enough water, and blend it thoroughly.
- Next, blend 2 tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Boil 1 cup of horse gram and separate the boiled water.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add 4 dry chilies, ½ handful of curry leaves, and the blended purees.
- Next, add in ½ tsp turmeric powder, horse gram boiled water, salt to taste, and tamarind water as needed.
- Lastly, add ½ tsp asafoetida, ½ handful of coriander leaves, and simmer for few minutes to complete the healthy Kolly Rasam.
EP 3: KARAIKUDI PRAWN MASALA
- Marinate the prawns with 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp garam masala, ½ tbsp crushed pepper, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, and a pinch of salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a pan, add 10 small onions, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp fish curry powder, and prawn stock. Stir well, mash it well into a paste and keep aside.
- Fry the prawns in heated butter and add some lemon.
- Next, add pasta and salt to taste; Stir well and keep it aside.
- In a new pan, heat some butter, add 1 big onion, and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Next, add 2 green chilies, ½ handful, Fernleaf Full Cream Milk as needed into the cooked prawn together with the sautéed mixture.
- Off the heat and add a squeeze of lemon for some tangy taste.
- The delicious Karaikudi Prawn Masala is now ready to be served.
EP 3: JILEBI
- In a large bowl, add refined wheat flour, gram flour, curd yogurt, sufficient water, and whisk till the batter turns into a smooth consistency; Cover the batter and keep it in a warm place to ferment the mixture for 14 hours.
- To make the sugar syrup, heat the pan over medium flame, add sugar, water, and mix it thoroughly until it is fully dissolved.
- Next, simmer the syrup until it attains one-string consistency, and then add saffron (mixed with hot water, and rose essence; Stir well.
- Fill the Jilebi batter in a squeeze bottle and squeeze the bottle to make circles.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame and fry till the Jilebi is crisp and golden in colour.
- Soak the Jilebi in sugar syrup for 1 to 2 minutes. Then remove the Jilebi from the syrup and sprinkle some pistachio.
- Delicious Jilebi is ready to be served.
EP 3: BEETROOT PARATHA
- Firstly, cut the beetroot into small pieces and boil it on medium heat.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, strain the beetroot and keep the boiled water aside.
- Blend the cooked beetroot into a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, add the beetroot paste, atta flour, cumin, butter, and a banana.
- Pour the boiled beetroot water at a time and keep kneading the dough until it turns smooth and soft.
- Next pinch the dough into a small ball, roll and flatten it; Grease some butter and fold it twice and further roll it.
- Lastly, place the rolled paratha on a hot pan and cook it.
- Delicious beetroot paratha is ready to be served.