What Is Cutting Chai?
Basically, it is half portion of chai or tea. It is usually served in special kind of glasses instead of cups.
Astro Ulagam found an authentic Mumbai Cutting Chai Recipe just for you. The best part is that you could have the full glass instead of half glass at home!
Water- 2 cups
Tealeaves – 2 tsp
Sugar – 2 to 3 tbsp
Milk – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Grated ginger – 1 tbsp
Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
1) In a pan, heat the water and add sugar.
2) Add grated ginger and simmer for 3 minutes on medium flame.
3) Then, add cardamom powder and boil for 2 minutes.
4) Next, brew the tea on medium flame for 6 minutes.
5) Add milk and let it boil for 2 minutes. Strain and serve with teatime snacks!
Picture credit: vegrecipesofindia.com
CH 231, 9.00pm