Ghee is used in Indian homes on auspicious occasions, to light lamps, to cook and as delicious accompaniment during meals.
Ghee simply means clarified Indian butter made from rich butter that is heated over a period of time to separate the milk solids.
The end result is a golden and clear fat known as ghee!
Astro Ulagam found a homemade ghee recipe that you can make on your own at the comfort of your home.
Unsalted organic butter – 1 pound for one mason jar
1) Cut the butter into small squares to help it melt faster.
2) In a medium heated pan, add the butter and stir from time to time. You will see a thick, white foam at the surface and it will be bright yellow.
3) Keep stirring until the butter starts to simmer. Turn down the heat to low. Then, you will notice the foam will become thinner and the bubbles will get bigger and clearer. The butter will begin to brown at the bottom.
4) Once you see the butter foaming for the second time, you can strain your ghee.
5) Line the sieve with several layers of cheesecloth and strain the ghee.
6) In a mason or glass jar, pour the ghee right in and cover tightly. Let it set for several hours at room temperature.
7) Now, you have your homemade ghee!
Picture credit: pinterest.com, thehealthyfoodie.com
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken?
Easy Baked Parmesan Mushrooms
Shrimp Braised Glass Noodles
Quick Mai Fun for Dinner
Mouthwatering Trio Indian Daal
Easy Soy Sauce Chicken
CH 231, 9.00pm
Top MMS Scandals of Kollywood
Smart Wheel Quarter Final Contestants
Salman Khan sentenced to jail. 5 things we will miss about him
Birthday Special: Dhanush’s best performances
Why do Hindu women wear Thali?
Astro Ulagam | Copyright ©
Measat Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd (240064-A)
Contact us at: Measat Broadcast Network Systems, All Asia Broadcast Centre, Technology Park Malaysia Lebuhraya Puchong-Sg. Besi, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-9543 6688, Fax: 03-9549 1092/1093
Astro B.yond Services
Terms & Conditions